Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Little red wagon (Day 2) - 20 Days of Chill

Since the photo is dated December 1994, I'm going to say the wagon was a Christmas present that year.  I liked to take family photos around this time as well, so it made sense that the wagon make an appearance in the kids' photos for this year.  

It was bright red, with wooden sides, although we didn't put the wood side on the front, as it made it easier to get in and out of the wagon.  Ages five and three were the perfect age for this wagon.  They filled it with toys and hauled things around in the front yard as well as the back yard.  Sometimes the older one would pull the younger one around, but not often.

By the time the third kid came along the following year, the wagon had already seen better days.  It was used hard and often, a sign of love for most kids.  I've not known a toy of my own that didn't have scratches, dents and dings in it, usually from the first week of use.  If it didn't have those dings, it wasn't used much and was probably not a good buy.  This wagon was a good buy.

When I first saw the theme for today, I knew this was the photo I was going to use.  It's one of my favorites of the two older ones as they were growing up.  Hard to believe they're 27 and 25 now.  I wonder where that wagon is now.

Check out other stories of red wagons here.

8 comments:

  1. cute picture, & what a sweet memory. it seems wagons are quite useful.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome... they are in the wagon!!!! I never had one and neither did my kids. My friends had one that we would use to fly down the street. We had many cuts and bruises from those adventures but they are ones I will never forgot!

    One must hope your little red wagon is refurbished and being used to this day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my hope too, that some little kid is enjoying a radio flyer like mine did.

      Delete
  3. They look so happy in their new ride! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to love memories like this. And if I ever saw a wagon that was clean and pristine, I would know it didn't get the use it was supposed to have!

    ReplyDelete