Monday, January 18, 2016

Best stadium food you ever had

I almost forgot about today's post, yet I'm actually posting earlier in the day than I normally do.  I went on a hike this morning, got home and looked at my email and remembered that it was Monday, the first day of the third week of P.J.'s 20 days of Chill Writing challenge.

I will be the first to admit, that I'm not a connoisseur of stadium type food.  Mainly because I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying food from stadiums or amusement parks.  If I can work around it, I probably will.  Stadiums are easier since you're usually only there for a limited amount of time, so you can eat beforehand, or eat afterwards at places outside of the stadium/arena that are much more affordable than the Jacked up prices you'll find inside.

Amusement parks, on the other hand is an entirely different story since you're there all day and unless you want to go outside the park and get your food elsewhere, you're going to have to bite the bullet and pay the price.  For a family of four, the price of meals at an amusement park is almost like buying another entrance ticket to the park.

But as I sit here thinking about publishing this, it comes to mind that I did buy a cheeseburger at AT&T Stadium last summer when I was there for my future son-in-law's last game as a single man.  It wasn't so much the burger as it was the garlic fries that came with it.  My daughter and my future son-in-law both said that I needed to get some garlic fries.  Usually, when someone raves about something, the food doesn't live up to expectations.  These did.  I don't care how many people I offended with my garlic breath.  These fries were that good.

3 comments:

  1. Well, as you know, I love taters and garlic and taters go so well together. I bet those fries were yummy! I do agree that often other people's idea of what is good and ours are two different things entirely. I've been disappointed about restaurants or particular dishes that have been recommended. I do love it, though, when something I recommend is enjoyed by others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic fries seem to be getting bigger and bigger at stadiums. I had them in two spots this past summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because garlic isn't despised by too many people.

      Delete