Monday, January 4, 2016

Who am I?

I have to say, I'm a man who has strong convictions, but not a whole lot of follow through.  I've made resolutions in the past, especially with regard to blogging, but usually have fallen through.

Just last year, I participated in P.J.'s 20 days of Chill Writing blog challenge and swore I was going to do better with my blogging.  I posted 23 blog posts in January of last year, but only 34 overall.  Needless to say, January was the high water mark of my blogging last year.  So I'm not going to make any promises this year.  All I know is I had a lot of fun with this writing challenge last year, so I'm going to participate in it again this year.  

Today's prompt is "Who am I?"  

I'm a teacher.  I've taught in the same school for 32 years, plus one additional year at another school.  Interestingly, I've taught at my school longer than four other teachers at the school have been alive.

I'm a husband.  I've been married for 27 and a half years.  As in every marriage, it's not perfect, but I know for sure I got the better end of that deal.  Why my wife would want to put up with some of my antics and shenanigans for the past 27+ years is beyond me, but I'm glad that she has.

I'm a father.  I have three children, all beyond their teenage years.  My daughter, my oldest, is a teacher up north.  She is a fifth generation teacher in my family.  My son, my middle child, is in between jobs right now, but just moved back down here to Southern California.  I hope that means I'll bee able to see more of him in the coming year.  My younger son is still at home with us.  He's attending community college and looks like he's going to major in Psychology once he gets to a four year institution.  We will be making the rounds to different colleges this spring.

I'm an outdoorsman.  I enjoy being in the outdoors.  If it's hiking, or camping, or geocaching, I'm probably doing it and doing it for much of my off time when I'm not working.

I'm a photographer.  Believe it or not, my parents bought me my first real camera when I was in 3rd grade.  I wish I still had that old camera that took roll film, but somewhere when I graduated to better cameras, that one went by the wayside.  I still enjoy taking photos and you'll see many of them in this blog and on other sites as well.

Day one done.  I'm looking forward to the next day of this challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Paul my name is Mike. Nice to meet you. I didn't know you had been a teacher for so long. Also how did I know that you taught history. I love history. Nice first post of the year. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike. I'm familiar with your work. ;-) I've taught history, science, computer education, and been the yearbook advisor at my school.

      Delete
  2. Excellent start, Paul! And welcome back to the blogging world. I wondered if you would be coming back to it or not. Your adventures are always fun to read and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P.J. I'm getting home late, so they might not publish exactly on time, but I'm working on each prompt. Second week's prompts look a little strange, but I like the rest of the prompts.

      Delete
  3. Hello Paul. I remember your posts from last year and am looking forward to this challenge. I am off to a slow start and making the rounds to catch up. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. I need to make the rounds and read what others have written throughout this challenge. Glad to see you're back this year too.

      Delete