Thursday, January 28, 2016

Your favorite meal

It's the penultimate day of this challenge and I can write about food, which works well for me. The title, however, is too restricting mainly because there's too many meals I've consumed over the course of my lifetime to just casually pick one thing.

I like food in general and this is one of the reasons I probably should be cutting back.  Food likes me way too much, because it sticks around a lot longer than it should, although in the past year, I've been able to reduce the amount of food that hangs on to me, which is a good thing for my health.  

I have to say though, that the one food I look forward to every year is my sister's cheesecakes.  I don't know where she got started making cheesecakes, but it was a long time ago.  They have become her staple item that she brings to our holiday meals.  And it's not just one cheesecake but two different varieties.  It gets to the point that when she asks what flavor I want, I just say, "Yes."  This is unless she's decided to make a peanut butter cheesecake.  Then the answer is always the other one, but that's a different story.

In reality, it actually helps that I know she's bringing cheesecake for dessert.  I've learned how to moderate at Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I can always enjoy two pieces.  Should she bring the dreaded peanut butter cheesecake, I know I can always have a slightly larger slice of the other one to compensate for the loss of that second slice that I would normally get.  By the way, the one pictured is her pecan pie cheesecake.  Yeah, it tastes just like a pecan pie, but in cheesecake form.  It's just yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter cheesecake? Sign me up. My goodness, that would be divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that it's quite good. I tell you what. Come here for Christmas dinner and I'll make sure my sister makes one.

      Delete