Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sharpshooters - Week 145

It's been a month since I've posted about the Sharpshooters International Photography Club, so I thought I'd share again this week.  As always, I'm in awe of the photographic talent in this group.  We keep adding new members and the quality seems to improve each week as we post our weekly thread.

This week, 41 photographers representing, 6 continents, have posted an amazing assortment of photos bringing us closer together as a group.  I've worked my way through half the thread and as soon as I've posted this, I'll be heading back to view the rest of the photos and comment on them.

My photo, posted here, is from last week's road trip I took to the bay area in Northern California.  You may end up seeing more of that trip in the weeks ahead, but for now, I was very pleased with this image of Coit Tower taken on the stairs walking up Telegraph Hill.  I ended up taking several images, including a set of bracketed shots (same subject, but different exposures).  The bracketed shots I combined into this one shot.  My 17 year old son helped pick out the image for this week and he said, "It's probably the best photo you've ever taken Dad."  That's pretty high praise in my estimation.

Being in a group like this makes me want to travel more.  I've seen some shots of places in the last couple of that really make me want to go there.  Please check out this week's thread, #145.  Like us and please share the thread with your friends.

2 comments:

  1. That definitely sounds like a fun group to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been. Seeing shots posted by other photographers has pushed me in ways I didn't think possible. I'm very fortunate that I was invited to be a part of the group.

      Delete