Wednesday, April 17, 2013

4 weeks of growth

About four weeks ago, I wrote about the start of my garden for this year. If you click on the link, you can see the difference in growth of my tomato plant over the past four weeks.

The original photo shows a plant about 6 inches in length growing out of the bottom of the Topsy Turvy.  The plant, 4 weeks later is now about 4 times that length (approximately 2 feet total) and sprouting three blossoms, plus several other blooms that are ready to open up.  If you look closely, you can see the three blossoms on the main trunk of the plant.  

If all goes well, sometime in June, I believe I will be pulling large tomatoes off of this plant and placing rather large slices on my burgers.  Mmmmm.  I can taste them already.

I'm really amazed at how well this plant is growing thus far.  I really had no idea how this would work and it just seemed like a crazy idea, but if those tomatoes actually develop, I'm sold on this.  In fact, I think I'll probably buy another one to double my output of tomatoes.  I'll try to keep you updated as the weeks go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment