Friday, April 5, 2013

Flashback Friday

A little hot chocolate never hurt anyone, or so they say right?  This photo was taken during the Christmas season over a year ago in December 2011.  

I remember wanting to try something like this and my daughter had hung lights around the windows in the kitchen and I noticed a nice reflection of the light against the window pane.

Now, it was just finding the right kind of coffee mug.  We have several different Christmas mugs, but I liked this one the best of the ones we had at the time, so I placed this mug on the edge of the kitchen table and focused on the mug.  The depth of field was shallow enough to blur the lights and give me this interesting shot of what I then called Lucky Charm marshmallows falling into the hot chocolate.

When I pulled this one up using the Flashback link at 365, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it or not, but my wife was standing behind me and said she remembered when I did this one and really liked it and who's to argue at that point?  I know my daughter really likes this shot too, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment