Monday, April 15, 2013

Blast from the past

Yesterday I received an email from my daughter asking if I could find some old photos of her playing her violin when she was about five or six.  I have to assume that she's planning on using these photos for her student teaching with the first graders in her class.  Today I looked through some old photos and found several that I thought would do very well for her, so I scanned them and sent them off.

In the process of looking through the photos I ran across this one and I had to share it with you.  This was taken during her third camping trip.  The first two, a trip up near Lake Arrowhead and another one at Joshua Tree National Monument were over night camping trips.  I wanted her to enjoy the experience in the hopes that we could take longer ones.

This trip lasted 5 days I believe.  We camped at Lodgepole campground, walked amongst the Giant Sequoias, drove down to Cedar Glen in Kings Canyon National Park and hiked up to the top of Moro Rock.  I love the look on her face in this shot as she appears to be quite pleased with herself.  She should be since she accomplished this at the age of five years old.  Now she's grown up and her students are just about the age she was when she made that first dizzying hike.  Maybe sometime in the future, she'll be able to camp with me again.  That would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment