Friday, April 12, 2013

Flashback Friday

With Friday here, another week of school is in the books.  As the school year winds down, I found it kind of interesting that my flashback for this week took me back to the beginning of the school year. 

I was sitting down at lunch on a very hot day back in August and a couple of my former students came in with a paper bag.   They'd caught a preying mantis and wanted to know if I wanted it so I could take some pictures of it.  I had to admit, that's pretty good loyalty, coming from 8th graders, when they capture cool looking bugs just to give to their computer teacher so he can photograph it.

As I noted on the original page, the reason why I went with black and white on this image is there was so much green, the insect just blended in.  By converting it to an infrared processing, it helped bring the mantis out and made it stand out on the background.  Either way, these guys had my back that day and made my photo of the day pretty easy back on August 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment