Monday, January 9, 2017

Nicknames (Day 6) - 20 Days of Chill

Nicknames.  I haven't had many nicknames growing up.  My brother-in-law used to call me PJ, because I was a junior as opposed to that being my middle name, but I haven't really gotten any nicknames growing up.

Now, as an adult, I've accumulated quite a few nicknames.  Probably from people on the road calling me idiot or asshole.  Hey, you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk buddy.  Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of nicknames, and yet two of our three children growing up had nicknames.  Go figure that one out.

Now, for many of you, you'll know that I use the screen name Webfoot a lot.  I've already created a nickname for myself.  I don't need a nickname for my nickname.  I'm Webfoot, not Webster, not Webby, but Webfoot. I don't understand why some people insist on shortening someone's name, even if it's an avatar name.  And I know, the photo has nothing to do with this post, outside it shows Webfoot and Tadpole95 right after they found a geocache up near Pt. Reyes, California.

8 comments:

  1. I don't quite care for nicknames much but sometimes I come across really nice and fun ones and then I think I should get one too. webfoot - I like it, it's kind of cute and easy to say

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's an interesting story as to why I use Webfoot, and no, I don't have webbed feet.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice picture there, Webfoot, and I'm guessing Tadpole95 is your young'un.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. At 6 foot 3 and 21 years of age, he's our youngest.

      Delete
  3. So there are two PJs in this group?
    You look pretty happy about finding that cache, was it a tough one? I got to grab a guitar shaped TravelBug this weekend. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was actually a virtual and and earth cache out at this particular spot, so neither one was terribly difficult. It was the view that really mattered. The view is north, ocean to the west, but there's also ocean to the east of the point as well. We were pretty much surrounded by the ocean at this spot.

      Delete
  4. You tell 'em, Webby! :P

    I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete