Monday, January 2, 2017

About your blog (Day 1) - 20 Days of Chill

Well, here we are again.  It's January and time for P.J.'s annual 20 Day of Chill blogging challenge.  Today's theme is "About your blog."  

The title of the blog is a Photo a Day, but I think the real deal with this blog is "Best Intentions not Realized."  Last year is a perfect example of what I mean.  I posted 23 times with this blog, but 20 of those posts were done in January (Can you Say 20 Days of Chill?  Very good.  I knew you could.).  My last post of 2016 was in June.  You'd think that I could have posted more since I was in the middle of summer vacation.  But as I've stated above, this blog is all about best intentions but there's no follow through.  And yes, I could say, it's going to change this year.  Maybe, maybe not.

So here we go again.  My photo for the day is one I took on the 1st at a memorial while I was out geocaching.  I have been at this particular memorial more than once, mainly because there have been more than one geocache to find here over the past 15 years.  I think the photo serves as a reminder that we need to remember that the freedoms we enjoy have always come at a price.

Now, back to the blog at hand.  I always cross post this to my Facebook page.  I tend to get more comments there than I ever get here, although I think I'd like to have people comment on the actual blog.  I think that would give me a sense of who are actually reading it.  I pretty much know who's reading it on Facebook.  I think that might be part of my problem.  I like to read other's comments and will usually respond back.  Sometimes those comments prompt me to write about other things down the road.  When people comment on Facebook, I'll end up commenting there, but that's about where it ends.

So who knows where this goes?  I'm not sure, but I now I'll probably do this for the 20 days in January and then we'll see where it goes from there.  Thanks for reading and as always comments are always welcome.  I won't bite.

8 comments:

  1. I thought your header tag lines tell us enough of what your blog is about. I suppose some intentions are there even if they are not realized. just the thought of doing is way better than other even thinking of doing, you know?

    anyway, nice to meet you paul, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here we all are... doing a crazy writing challenge. :) I am looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe set some blogging goals, Paul? I try and do that each year and it usually helps me. We definitely miss you in the Photo Blogging Challenge, so stop by there each month as well. That would at least give you 12 more posts. Maybe say you want to blog about caching one time per month. Something like that. If you do that and maybe utilize something like Google Calendar, it could help. It's helped immensely with me. I would not suggest a "post a day for a year" though as, wow, does that burn you out!

    Good to see you back, at least for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I shall try to incorporate some of them this year.

      Delete
  4. Best intentions... and then life happens. I am going to write about this soon. Keep your eyes open ;-)
    I agree with blog comments vs FB. The blog is here to stay, Facebook posts are very short-lived.
    We used to geocache occasionally, haven't come around to doing it lately, though.
    Happy 20 Days of Chill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way of putting it. Life happens. I used to write a geocaching blog before this one. I really enjoyed that except near the end it got old. I found myself writing the same things over and over again with just a different twist to it. I didn't want to do that, so I figured a more generic blog might be better. At least this one has lasted longer than the first one did.

      Delete