Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Dream winter vacation (Day 7) - 20 Days of Chill

I had a great shot all planned for today, but now when I'm looking for it, I can't find it.  But I have a back up photo for this one, so it's all good.

I live in Southern California, have so for all of my life.  I don't do snow, so to think about a dream winter vacation is pretty much a stretch for me, unless you're thinking about somewhere tropical during the winter months.  

As most people know, I love to travel.  Natural wonders are my destination of choice.  When the kids were little, I used to take them camping all of the time.  We went to Joshua Tree, we went to Sequoia, we went to Yosemite, we went beach camping at San Simeon and Hearst Castle.  You get the drift.  We didn't camp in the winter time, because we were in a tent.  Way too cold to be camping like that, although I know people who would do that too.  Not me.

Now as I'm older, I have many destinations I still would like to see, but as far as a dream vacation be it winter or not?  The only vacations I want to go on now are the ones where my love is at my side.
Go here to read other Dream Winter vacations.

7 comments:

  1. I was born in San Diego and we lived there until I was finished with second grade. I have pictures of me during that time at Mt. Laguna in the snow. I also remember vacationing on a house boat an swimming in Lake Trinity. I would love to do those as vacations as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Northern Indiana, but I've lived out here since I was three. I don't like snow very much at all.

      Delete
  2. Well aren't you all romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southern California must be nice though I've never been, I would like to go there right now because it's winter where I am right now.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of any place I'd rather live than California, even Northern California.

      Delete
  4. That is very sweet. Home is where the heart is, I guess dream vacations are too.

    ReplyDelete