Thursday, January 12, 2017

Booze and Bongos (Day 9) - 20 Days of Chill

The truck had been abandoned in the field.  You could see the tires were worn and peeling from too many years in the hot sun.  The nearby shack was in a state of "arrested decay," whatever that meant.

The rain clouds were piling up against the nearby mountains.  It was going to rain, and probably rain hard, with possibly some hail thrown into the mix for good measure.  The animals knew.  They were already out of sight, hunkering down for the long storm that had been building all afternoon in the summertime heat.  

The only thing that was moving was an older man, with a limping gait staggering along as best he could.  He was going to get wet.  The truck was totaled and he had nowhere to go.  The shack was empty, but it was going to give little protection against the clouds that were within minutes of dropping their moisture upon him.

He thought to himself, "How had it gotten this bleak this quickly?" The answer was quite simple.  Too much booze and not enough bongos.

For other stories about booze and bongos, please click here.

8 comments:

  1. this is good, great use of the themes, I like it especially the 'not enough bongos' bit.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Too much booze and not enough bongos" seems like a life wisdom!
    Great picture! The truck reminds me of Tow Mater (Disney Cars)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This was taken a couple of summers ago in Bodie, California, a state historical site. It's a ghost town now.

      Delete
  3. That final sentence is probably something many could live by, that's for sure. I could have used more bongos in my younger days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure how that particular theme was going to turn out, but as I was looking through my photo feed, it hit me. And I think most of use in our life had too much booze and not enough bongos.

      Delete
  4. Good one. I especially like that last line!

    ReplyDelete