Sunday, January 13, 2013

And away he goes...

As I write this, he's now somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean more than halfway to London.  I took this photo of him back in September 2001 just before he went off to school at Santa Cruz to start his junior year.  That year, he would be living in his own apartment for the first time.  I went up with him over Labor Day weekend to help him move into his place and we had a good time.  

That Christmas, he came home for a short stay and approached us with the prospect of him studying abroad sometime during his senior year.  We all thought it would be a great experience for him and so the wheels were set in motion for him to go to England and study.

I didn't seem him much in the next year and a half because he stayed up in Santa Cruz to work to save some money for his trip.  I went up over Labor Day weekend again to bring home a lot of his stuff since he would be moving back into the dorms for the first quarter as it would be easier to deal with that type of housing since he would be leaving in January.  He was home for about a month during Christmas and today I drove him to the airport.  I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment