Monday, November 4, 2013

Oops

Have you ever had one of those days where you knew you'd forgotten something, yet couldn't quite put your finger on what you'd forgotten?  Yep, that was me today.

A couple of months ago, we made the decision to change our ISP as it was just running way to slow for our purposes.  We ended up getting cable for our internet and along with dumping our old internet provider, we also dumped our landline as well.

I went slowly at first, mainly because I was concerned about making sure all of the places where I use my email address had been changed to a new one.  I figured that as soon as I'd get an email from someplace, I'd head to that site and change the email address to the new one.  That worked out quite well and we eventually made the switch and I just forgot about it.

Fast forward to today.  I've been posting blog entries for the past couple of months, granted, not too many of them, but enough that I figured I should have gotten some comments, yet I wasn't getting any notifications about comments on any of my posts.  How strange.  It finally dawned on me today, so I went in and checked the settings for this blog and sure enough, the email for notifications was still set at my old address.  Ooops.  

Needless to say, I had about 20 comments on my past entries that needed to be published.  All those people are now probably thinking I'm a jerk, since I hadn't responded, nor even published their comments to my blog.  Well, they've been published now and I made sure I posted a reply back to each one of them.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  Sometimes, it just feels like I'm spiraling down into oblivion, much like the photo above.

Thanks for coming by and yes, please feel free to comment here.  I'll get the comment notification from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, well, at least I figured out what the problem was. And, at least it wasn't one of those things that require you to log in again, but you can't log in because the password reset needs to be sent to the old email address that doesn't exist anymore. That would really be a PITA.

      Delete