Wednesday, November 27, 2013

When worlds collide


While geocaching in Pasadena yesterday, I got to the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado Blvds.  This is the big turn at the beginning of the Rose Parade where all the TV cameras are set up to give us the best view of the Rose Parade.

The grandstands are almost completely set up now in preparation for New Year's Day only 36 days away.  Lots of money gets spent every year.  Several streets yesterday were closed down as one company that builds floats was transferring those floats from where ever they were built to where ever they will be decorated.

And yet as we see all this money being spent on one parade, just across the street I was reminded that many people in this country are still wanting for basic necessities.

2 comments:

  1. You really capture people and street stuff well, Paul. I love this shot, though I hate what it shows. The last three years of my life were bad, but I was always thankful to be able to get by and have family and friends who helped as needed. It blows my mind that we have people hungry and homeless in this country, yet we still send billions overseas to help other people. We need to help ourselves, first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P.J. I was planning on using this shot with the monthly blogging challenge, but I have enough people photos, that I really don't need to, although I do like the shot.

      Delete