Thursday, January 29, 2015

Steamed - Day 19 of the Chill

Sometimes, we get into situations where we feel we can't control anything.  Like when aliens come down to Earth and pick up people just to examine them more closely.  These people don't really have any control over the situation and for the most part are just along for the ride.

And what's with the deal that only people out on farms or rednecks in general are the ones who get abducted by aliens?  Yeah, I know I speaking in grand generalities here, but when's the last time you've read about a Wall Street stock broker being abducted by aliens?  Heck, when's the last time you read about a teacher in Cucamonga being abducted by aliens?  That's just wrong and I'm steamed about it.  What gives here?I think the rest of us should have an equal say in who gets abducted by aliens.  

I'd suggest a lottery but with something like that, you'd get the same kind of people applying to be abducted, or not necessarily applying, but I really think the same kind of person would get picked.  I really think the next big alien abduction should have some kind of codicil attached to it that only college educated, college degree holders would be allowed to be abducted.  C'mon man.  The rest of us want to have a chance to be like Richard Dreyfus in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Then again, I think my wife would get kind of steamed if I started building Devils Tower in the middle of our living room the way Dreyfus did.  And I know me.  I'd want to build something as grandiose and as large scale as his model was too.  The bigger the better.  Now if someone can get me out of this BORG cube, I think we'll all be OK.  Yeah, I don't think I want to be assimilated that badly.

6 comments:

  1. Funny, I was listening to a book on CD and she mentioned Close Encounters and Dreyfus. She said she found it crazy that Dreyfus could just leave his kids... didn't hug them goodbye... they meant nothing. She noted that Spielberg wrote it before he was a father... and she thinks it would have been a bit different after kids. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire familial relationship in that movie is interesting.

      Delete
  2. I say keep it the way it is. I'd prefer not to be abducted, unless of course there's something in it for me. And by something, I mean in a positive way. I don't want to come back and be a robot to those Aliens, gathering data for them to take over the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you'd miss your chance at flying with aliens.

      Delete
  3. Today is the last day. Pleased to have "met" you. Good luck in getting out of the cube...how did you get in there anyway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have met you too Linda. If you've seen Superman 2, then you'll know how I got out.

      Delete