Friday, January 29, 2016

The End

And here we arrive at the end.  Through the encouragement of several different people, I was able to carry through on my end and meet the different prompts each and every day.  But this is the end.

I'm not saying I won't write again, but I know my history.  I've been very good in the past, when challenged to keep on a writing schedule and keep this blog fresh.  But the stats speak for themselves.

2012 - 28 total posts, 6 in January, none after August
2013 - 75 total posts, 12 in January, 10 in February
2014 - 25 total posts, evenly distributed throughout the year
2015 - 34 total posts, 23 in January, none after July
2016 - This is the 20th post

Are you seeing a trend here?  I am and I keep telling people and keep saying to myself that it's going to change, but it probably won't.  I get busy with other things in my life and this falls by the wayside.

But look at the sign above.  We are so used to driving on pavement and our roads take us everywhere.  What do we do when the pavement ends?  Well, for me, I'll keep going.  I have to think that way.  If I become pessimistic about this blog, I know it will never happen.  I posted that sign, because it represents an entire new world out there.  And as Calvin said to Hobbes in their very last Sunday strip,  "Let's go exploring."

8 comments:

  1. I hope you do post a little more on a regular basis, Paul. I enjoy reading your blog. This year I am planning on trying to really get into reading more blogs again (I am linking more on my blog's blogroll), so hopefully I'll see more from you. Challenge yourself! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I really need to do that.

      Delete
  2. hi Paul :) here's wishing you all the best for your blog and your future, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep blogging, Paul. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will. I think I was lamenting the fact that my blogging will not be as strong as this month.

      Delete
  4. This challenge is over, but it's not the end. There is more waiting just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about using a photo like that, with a road leading just around the bend and working on a theme that way as well.

      Delete