Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Out Early

The Sharpshooters International Photography Club published our weekly thread of photos on Facebook a day early this week.  Week 142 has some stunning shots covering all 6 heavily populated continents of the world.

Many of the photos I post here and on other photo sites are usually taken on walks in my neighborhood.  After seeing the photos from last week and seeing my photo in the thread, I got really energized and went on a walk last week for the first time in several months.  I saw my neighborhood in an entirely different light this past week. Fruit trees were blossoming and the nice thing about where I live, is many people have fruit trees in their front yards, so you don't have to trespass in order to get really good shots of fruit blossoms.

I wrote that I believed this was from a plum tree, but I went back today to inspect the tree a little bit closer and now I think it's an apple tree.  Either way, I'm very pleased with this shot.  

The club's thread itself is a treat.  We have another newcomer in the group and her shot of a motorcycle racer is stunning. You can see it here in the club's photo thread for this week, week #142.  Like us. Share us.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment