Friday, March 22, 2013

Flashback Friday

Every now and then, I'll take a shot and think to myself, "I don't know why I need to continue because I already know I have the shot."  That's the way I felt about this shot.  I know I audibly gasped when I saw what was happening in my viewfinder.

The theme for that week in January 2012 was sound.  I'd asked my wife to get her flute out and play some songs for me so I could take some shots of her.  I kept playing around with different settings, but eventually, I just wanted to zoom in as close as possible and get some shots of her lips playing.  Just as I took this shot, I saw her breath condense on the mouthpiece of the instrument and I knew I had the shot.  I probably took a dozen more shots, but never caught her breath on the mouthpiece.   I love this shot, but perhaps it's because I love the person in the shot so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment