Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm a Sharpshooter

A couple of weeks ago, I received a message via Facebook from a guy who invited me to join the Sharpshooters International Photography Club.  I thought about it for a fairly short time and decided to accept his invitation to join the club.  Two days ago when it was announced by the club organizer that I'd joined I literally received emails from all around the world.  

I know I'll never get all the places listed here, but the group comes from a variety of places, including, but not limited to Japan, California, Georgia, Michigan, Kentucky, South Africa, Canada, Florida, New York, Louisiana, Romania, Croatia, Denmark, North Carolina, Slovenia, Connecticut, Argentina, New Jersey, Mississippi, and Vermont.  And this is just for this week's photostream.  I'm sure there's more places that I don't know about yet that we'll see in later weeks.

As you can see, six of the seven continents are represented with the group, the only one not there doesn't really have many permanent residents anyway.  One of the first things I said to the organizer was I was a little intimidated by the quality of work within the group and he assured me that he felt I'd fit in quite nicely, which was very nice of him.  I hope I live up to his expectations.

The photo I submitted to the group this week is of this group of windmills that I found while out geocaching in the Mojave Desert, near (of all places) Mojave, California.  You can see the windmills continue off into the distance.  There were more behind me and to my left and right.  Since these are all relatively new, my guess is that some company is jumping in with both feet into wind energy as an alternative to creating another dam on another river.  

Please stop by the Sharpshooters page on Facebook.  Like us. Here's a link to the photostream for this week.  Please share it with your friends.  There are some very talented artists in this group.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the glowing review. I am the Kentucky representative of the group. As for feeling intimidated you don't have anything on me. I consider myself to be the amateur's amateur. My equipment is a point and shoot Nikon that has served me very well. I don't have what most people would consider "real" photography equipment. However, I am happy with the results and I photograph what I like. Since being on 365 I have gone from trying to impress to just keeping it simple. I photograph the everyday. It's not always the most impressive subject but someone out there may relate. I look forward to seeing your photos in the weeks to come. I am one of your followers on 365 but I follow too many and I can't keep up with everyone. At least now I can see your photos on a weekly basis. I feel humbled and honored to be a part of the Sharpshooters. It's like a weekly slice of life from another country and another point of view. It makes the world just a little smaller and more accessible. I hope you have a great week, Paul. Happy Snapping!!

    All the best,

    Holly Schwartz
    Stay-at-home Homeschooling Mom & Shutterbug
    Bardstown, Kentucky, USA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Holly. As I stated in an email to the group, I'm very excited about being part of this group. I feel like it's re-energized me. I went back and looked at some of my camping photos from last summer and found several that I think will work quite well for this group that I never used on 365.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a really cool group, Paul. It's always nice to see good photography from all corners of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.J., it's been a very warm and welcoming group to be a part of thus far. I'm looking forward to the weeks to come.

      Delete