Sunday, June 16, 2013

Yes, I'm very proud right now

The three shots below tell most of the story.

This is my youngest at his graduation ceremony last Thursday.  Somewhere between this shot and when he met us after the ceremony, he ended up losing his tassel.  Not a big deal in reality since he'll have a more important tassel in June 2017 when he graduates from college.  Then again, it's not really the tassel that matters.  I, for one, could not tell you where my high school or college tassels are.

He'll be heading to UC Riverside in the fall to study Physics.  His older sister bought him a couple of Sheldon Cooper t-shirts from the TV show, "The Big Bang Theory," which is a favorite of ours right about now, as a graduation present.  He claims not to want to emulate Sheldon, but figures if he's going to be anyone in the show, he'll be Leonard Hofstadter.

This shot is of my middle son at the Santa Cruz Wharf last Labor Day.  We had wandered over there after cleaning out his apartment in preparation for him to move back in the dorms for his last quarter at Santa Cruz before he went to study abroad in England beginning last January.  He came home from England Saturday evening and my wife and I met him at the gate after he cleared customs.  

Since his graduation from college happened while he was in the air coming home from England, he missed it, but he's a college graduate, nonetheless.  I chose this shot, mainly because it's a favorite of mine, but also because I like the fact that the pelican seemed very patient, even though we had it surrounded.

This third shot is from Friday evening.  My daughter had her Masters degree conferred upon her by Santa Clara University that evening.  She has a Masters in Education now and even more importantly, a district in Milpitas thought highly enough of her that she's going to be teaching 4th grade for them next year starting in the middle of August.

We are very proud of all three of our children and all of their accomplishments and we look forward as they continue to strive to become all they can be in the future.  I'll sign off now as a proud dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment