Friday, May 3, 2013

Flashback Friday

When I hit the flashback button tonight, I was really pleased with the image that showed up this evening.  We've been having warmer weather than normal this past week.  Our daytime high hit 98˚ F today and with those kinds of temperatures, the butterflies have come out in force.  

Most of them seem to either be very wary of things larger than themselves, as I have not been able to get many, if any shots of the larger species around here.  I have been able to get quite a few shots of skippers, like the one posted here.  They just seem to want to pose.  

I spotted this skipper and bee back in July of last summer, right near the end of my summer vacation.  I think if I were to post this shot today, I'd do a slightly tighter crop to get the vertical stick out of the frame on the left hand side.  Why that didn't get cropped out the first time around is very perplexing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment