Saturday, January 28, 2012

This and that

It's a gorgeous day outside and what am I doing?  Sitting inside suffering from allergies.  We've had a high pressure system that' has formed over the desert and it pumps wind through the mountain passes.  This also kicks up a lot of dust, pollen, and just general crap that is not good on my sinuses at all. 


I was supposed to go geocaching today, but at 1:00 this morning, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck, so I sent an email to my friend telling him I wouldn't be coming out his way.  It's just as well, as he said that it's been blowing a lot out his way, so it would have been more suffering anyway.


Earlier in the week, I got a flat tire.  That's the second flat tire I've gotten in five months.  I haven't had one in years, so I guess I was due.  I noticed it Thursday morning, but wasn't able to do anything about it until Friday afternoon as I had parent conferences on Thursday and was tied up until 7 o'clock in the evening.


So Friday afternoon ended up being a learning experience. The youngest learned how to change a tire.  I showed him what to do and he helped me with all of the things that needed to be done including loading the flat into the trunk so I could take it to our mechanic.


Our mechanic didn't take too long to repair it, however I got a nice photo experience because they had two classic cars sitting in their parking lot, a Ford and the Oldsmobile pictured.  I think this is a 56 or 57.  They just don't build cars like this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment