Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blog Roll


For those of you who follow this on a regular basis know I write about a variety of things, but mostly this blog focuses on photography and geocaching.  It's what I like to do, it's what I'm knowledgeable about and I figure why not?

Today, I just want to feature some of the blogs I read on a regular basis.  The list is actually rather short, mainly because I don't have a lot of time in my day to sit and read blogs all the time.  Not like that won't change in the future, but for right now, I don't have many. 

Latitude 47 is the official blog of geocaching.com.  It gets published several times per week.  I read the articles and usually watch the videos that are posted there.  It usually leads me to other videos which in turn help me create better caches for people to find.  

I will readily admit that I don't hide really hard caches.  Some of my caches might be challenging because of the nature of the puzzle involved, or the skills needed to find the cache, but once you get to the cache site, it should be fairly obvious where the cache is hidden.  This blog highlights some of those caches that are just amazing with regard to camouflage or the type of puzzles involved.  If I see something really interesting, I might incorporate it into my next cache hide.  That's why I read that blog.

A 'lil Hoohaa is a blog about this and that.  P.J., the writer is a geocacher in New York and also a photographer, so you can see why I'm interested in what he writes about.  He posts old photos of his family every Saturday on his blog.  He's also a frisbee golfer and writes about that as well and although I don't participate in that hobby, I can see the interest.  P.J. used to follow me when I was writing Electronic Breadcrumbs which was exclusively about geocaching.


The blog Various Vanities looks very out of place for a guy like me to be reading, especially since it's a fashion blog written by an almost 24 year old woman who's working on her master's degree at the University of Santa Clara in northern California.  I'm very proud of this woman, as she also happens to be my daughter.

Puppy on a Roomba is a little blog written by two Corgis dogs with no tails named Ty and Eve.  Their secretary mommy is also a geocacher who I met via the geocaching forums.  Mostly, it's photos of the two corgi dogs with no tails romping around at their house in Illinois.

Brave Gnu Whirled is a blog written by my friend Steve who used to work with me at my school.  He's moved on and now teaches at the community college level in Visalia, CA, but writes this blog about politics with some other slices of life from time to time.  Steve was best man at my wedding and we've kept in touch over the years via email and through comments on both of our blogs.

The photos have nothing whatsoever to do with this blog piece today.  They are photos of my wife with her flute. The reason I'm choosing these photos is because my wife keeps me grounded.  26 years ago tomorrow on Valentine's day, I took her to Disneyland and proposed to her while riding over Fantasyland in the Skyway. It was the single-most important decision I ever made.  I have lived a fantasyland type of existence ever since.  Why she puts up with me, I'll never know, but I am truly grateful that she does.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, Paul. I've enjoyed reading you blog, too. Geocaching and photography... two great things, right? :)

    ReplyDelete