Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Race the Clock

I saw this prompt today and thought, "That's what my life feels like right now."  I feel like I'm in a race and I'm getting close to the finish line.  The good thing is, I know why I feel that way and it's just something that's going to happen.

Our second yearbook deadline comes next Monday.  Because we have next Monday off, it literally is a race the clock, because that means everything is due this Friday.  Are we there yet?  Nope.  Will we be there by Friday?  God, I hope so.

If everything comes off according to plan, this should be a well received yearbook.  Being it's my first yearbook as an advisor, I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm hoping the staff can pull it all together in the next 48 hours or so, so we'll be able to say we raced the clock and won.

The photo is one that I took 3 and a half years ago at a cross country meet where my youngest was competing.  It was very overcast that day, so I was able to experiment with some long shutter speeds in the low light conditions.  This shot was one of the better ones.

4 comments:

  1. That first paragraph was a bit disturbing. I am hoping you were only referring to the yearbook deadline, and that you met it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to disturb. Being the first year as a yearbook advisor has been an interesting experience. Because of the holiday, the deadline got extended to Tuesday, so we're still not quite done, but it looks a lot better than it did at the beginning of the week. We'll get there.

      Delete
  2. That photo is fantastic and I hope you meet the deadline you need to meet. And that opening paragraph was definitely one I read a few times just to see what it was saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P.J. I've reread the first paragraph a number of times and I can see how it could have been misinterpreted. Sorry if I caused concern.

      Delete