Friday, February 15, 2013

Flashback Friday

For some reason, I missed this last week.  I'm not going to post two different flashbacks so you just one this week.  This is Nik and Tanya, two people I met on the Santa Cruz wharf over Labor Day weekend.  I had started my 100 Strangers project about a month before that and Nik and Tanya became my 9th stranger(s) that I met and photographed.

I decided to post them as one stranger, as opposed to two because Tanya was reticent about talking about herself, so I only really got Nik's information.  As I was walking along the wharf with my son, I spotted the two of them struggling to take a photo of themselves with the Boardwalk in the background on one of their iPhones.  I offered to help them out, talked with them a little and also took some photos of them using my camera.

Since then, I've photographed and met another 21 strangers, but haven't taken a stranger photo in about 6 weeks or so.  I'm not sure why I haven't, just haven't really been using my camera quite as much and it always seems like I'm with other people when I see a possible stranger shot and I don't want to inconvenience my friends that I'm with.  I'm sure I'll get back into the 100 Strangers project again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know that I have never quibbled about you taking a shot while we are out caching. In fact, I've asked you once or twice about people that I thought you might take shots of. I know that I've seen you take a Stranger Photo at least once. I didn't think about it when we were in Elsinore; the guy we met on Lost Road might have worked. Anyway, I need to dig into your album of these, despite my general unease with portraits. These two seem to be a nice young couple: hope that they last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously thought about asking him for a photo, but I'd left my camera in the car and by the time we got back to the car, we were in take off mode. Had I had the camera on me at the time, I probably would have asked him.

      Delete