Saturday, July 21, 2012

I've been framed

My wife and I went frame shopping today.  We picked our a mat and frame for the shot in this post.  I realized that I've been taking photos for a year and half, every single day and I haven't printed any of my photos in over a year.  


My daughter bought me a frame for my birthday last year just as I was getting involved in my 365 project last year, one of those four holers, with room for four 4x6 prints.  So I picked the four best of what I'd taken so far and had those printed up and they're now hanging on the wall in our living room.


Since then, all of my photos are just pixels in my hard drive.  Yeah, you can see them all, but that was sort of the impetus behind this photo.  Are they real if they only exist on your hard drive?  Sure they are, and sure they have color, but I decided to play around a little bit with PhotoShop to make a point.  And if you follow me on Facebook or at 365, you may see a couple more of these types of shots.  I like what I did here, but I'd like to try a couple of other things using the same technique.


Now, I guess, I need to go back over my shots and get back to work on that photo book I've been thinking about creating.  I know I have a couple of friends who would like one, so I guess this is the "kick in the butt" I need to make it come a reality.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to stop reading this blog. More ideas than I would know what to do with (although I *can* re-write that out of idiomatic English and into "proper" form, but who cares, any longer?), and more creativity than I could come up with in two lifetimes. Fun stuff to look at, though :-)

    ReplyDelete