Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This, that and everything else

I can remember when I was younger.  Summer officially started in middle of June and ended in the middle of September.  Now, it's generally recognized as beginning Memorial Day weekend and ending Labor Day weekend.  My own school district ended our year last Friday on June 1st.  We go back sometime the first week in August, a month before Labor Day, but I'm not going to think about that right now.


Apologies for not writing in a couple of weeks.  The last couple of weeks of school are always tough and busy and that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  My wife also had surgery on her thumb to correct a trigger finger where the nerve gets inflamed and adheres to the side of the nerve sheath.  It rendered her thumb immobile, but the surgery was a success and she now has movement in her thumb again.  She's supposed to be getting her dressings off tomorrow so then we'll get to see what the surgeon did as far as cuts into her hand.


Go Kings!  I hope tonight the Los Angeles Kings can close it out against the New Jersey Devils.  Hockey is probably the most exciting sport to watch with end to end action.  It's very similar to soccer on ice, but it's so much faster with action going on anytime the clock is moving.  The first time I went to a Kings game was when they still wore the purple and gold at the old Inglewood Forum, so no one can accuse me of being a bandwagon fan.  But I think tonight's the night when the Kings will hoist Lord Stanely's trophy.


Lastly, but certainly not least, my daughter started a blog entitled Various Vanities. She only has one post at the moment, but I'm sure she'll expand on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment