Friday, August 2, 2013

Flashback Friday

Last week, my daughter asked if I could scan some photos for her when she was 9 years old.  She wanted to make a collage of photos for her classroom to show her students what she looked like when she was 9, a fourth grader, like her students will be when they walk through her classroom door for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Over the years, I've lamented what I thought was fact in that I didn't have a single shot of any of our children with their two front teeth missing.  I think children missing their two front teeth is one of the cutest photos a parent can take and for some reason or another, I didn't think I had any.

My daughter had her two front teeth knocked out by her younger cousin.  Fortunately, they were her baby teeth and it was an accident, but she didn't want any photos taken of her without her teeth.  I hadn't been able to find any photos of the boys missing their two front teeth up until this photo showed up with my middle child missing both of his front teeth.  In fact, you can actually see the top tooth had already broken through the gums and was in the process of growing in.  

Still, it makes me wonder what other things I'm missing in all of those old photos.  I guess this means I'm going to have to go through the stacks of photos and start scanning more of them.  Fridays could be really interesting around here for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. that photo is how I remember your kids-I am always amazed when you post recent photos of them, to see what beautiful, wonderful adults they've become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. It was about this time period that you visited us with your kids. I'm in the same boat when I see your grown up children too.

      Delete