Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day.  That's when people are supposed to show their love to the person they love in some special way.  How about showing your love to that person every single day?  


Why do people expect flowers, or chocolates, or something else on Valentine's Day.  Wouldn't it make more sense to surprise that someone special with something on March 13th, just because they're not expecting it?  We build up Valentine's Day so much that most people are disappointed when it is all over.


I guess that makes me a humbug for Valentine's Day.  Nah.  I'm a romantic at heart.  25 years ago today, I didn't bring my girlfriend chocolate or a card.  Ooops.  I had other plans that day.  I took her to Disneyland.  We went on rides, we ate and walked around the park and just enjoyed ourselves.  


Sometime after dinner, we went over to Tomorrowland and got on the Skyway ride that rides above Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.  By the time we'd gotten to the Fantasyland station, I no longer had a girlfriend.  


Ah, but this isn't a sad story at all.  No, actually, 25 years ago, I proposed to her in that Skyway car as we were floating over Fantasyland.  I think that's rather appropriate, because, in my opinion, I've been living a fantasy for the past 25 years.  I get to live with my wife, my confidant, my best friend.  She makes me whole.  She completes me.


I have no idea why she puts up with me sometimes, but she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment